The 14th Australian Nuclear Association Conference on Nuclear Science, Technology and Engineering in Australia.
** ANA2021 HAS BEEN POSTPONED **.
Tentative date is now 9 am – 5 pm Friday 8th April 2022.
UTS Aerial Function Centre, Level 7, UTS Building 10, 235 Jones Street, Ultimo 2007.
- Progress in Nuclear Power around the world
- Applications of Nuclear Techniques
- Advanced Reactors and SMRs
- Role of Nuclear in addressing Climate Change.
Provided Covid-19 restrictions in NSW permit, the Conference will be in-person and we will comply with all Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time of the Conference. If permitted by Covid-19 restrictions there will be a reception after the last session for speakers and audience 5 pm for networking and discussion. If Covid-19 restrictions prevent an in-person event, a virtual conference will be held with the same speakers.
ANA2021 Conference will highlight achievements and future uses of nuclear science, technology and engineering in Australia and overseas. Presentations will give timely updates on a wide range of nuclear applications and technology. This is a great opportunity to hear from experts and discuss new developments.
Registration fee is $280 including morning tea, good lunch afternoon tea and post conference reception ($250 early bird before 24 Sept), with a concession of $120 for students and retired ANA members. Fees will be refunded if Covid-19 restrictions prevent an in-person conference. Fees for the virtual conference will be advised if the in-person conference is cancelled.
Registration opens in early August. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be notified when registrations open.
Keynote presentations are:
The Politics of Nuclear – Hon Dr David Gillespie MP, Co-Chair Parliamentary Friends of Nuclear Industries, Member for Lyne, NSW and others
What would be required for nuclear energy plants to be operating in Australia from the 2030s? Prof Stephen Wilson, UQ
Other Presentations include:
- ANSTO Achievements and Strategy
- Light Water Reactors – large reactors and SMRs
- Advanced Reactor Designs
- Advanced Reactors – Material Challenges
- Nuclear for for Hydrogen and Industry
- ANSTO’s Synroc Plant
- Progress in Medical Radiation Therapy
- Management of Low and Intermediate Level Radioactive Waste
- Uranium Mining Update
- International Experience of Countries interested in introducing Nuclear Power
- Philippines Experience in Restarting a Nuclear Power Program
- Social Licence and Public Engagement
All speakers are invited.
Posters are invited on topics relevant to the theme of the conference.
Registrations are refundable until 30 August and name changes can be made any time.