Presentations given to ANA and the Nuclear Engineering Panel, Engineers Australia
These presentations remain the property of the individual speakers and copyright permission must be sought directly from the speaker.
Nuclear Power for Space Applications – Presentation by Mark Ho on 17 April 2019.
Climate Change – the Nuclear Solution – Presentation by Robert Parker on 26 March 2019.
Nuclear Liability and Insurance – Presentation by Ron Cameron on 27 March 2019.
The Nuclear Industry of South Korea – Presentation by Barrie Hill, Robert Parker and Robert Barr on 18 July 2018.
Australia’s Energy Future – with or without Nuclear? – Presentation by Dr Robert Barr AM on 27 June 2018.
International SMR and Advanced Reactor Summit, 27-28 March 2018, Atlanta USA – Presentation by Tony Irwin on 23 May 2018.
Nuclear Power in China – Presentation by Ian Hore-Lacy on 21 March 2018
Journey from Gen III/III+ to Gen IV Reactors – Presentation by Dr Adi Paterson on 22 November 2017
The twelfth biennial Australian Nuclear Association Conference on Nuclear Science and Engineering in Australia was held on Friday, 6th October 2017 at the Aerial UTS Function Centre, 235 Jones Street, Ultimo, NSW.
ANA2017 Keynote Session: Nuclear Power Industry in South Korea and United Arab Emirates
Insik Kim PhD, Korean Nuclear Association – South Korean Nuclear Industry – Overview (abstract, bio and slides)
- Byung Jin Lee Phd, KEPCO Engineering & Construction Company – Korean Nuclear Power Plants and Technology (abstract, bio and slides)
- Young Hoon Kim, General Manager, KHNP’s UAE Project Office (KHNP) – APR1400 Reactor Program in UAE (abstract, bio and slides)
- Jae Hyung Jeon, Doosan Heavy Industries – Experience and Capability for Nuclear Equipment Manufacturing (abstract, bio and slides)
Other ANA2017 Presentations
- Lyndon Edwards, ANSTO – Australia’s Participation in Gen IV International Forum (GIF) (abstract, bio and slides)
- Robert Godfrey, SOFINEL UK – United Kingdom Nuclear Industry Developments (abstract and bio)
- Julian Tapp, Vimy Resources – Developing a Uranium Project in Australia (abstract, bio and slides)
- Dale Prokopovich, ANSTO – Carbon Ion Particle Therapy – from accelerators to medical application (abstract and bio only)
- Joanne Lackenby, WiN – Women in Nuclear (WiN) (abstract and bio)
- Julia Garside, AusYGN – Australia Young Generation in Nuclear (AusYGN) (abstract, bio and slides)
- Michelle Durant, AINSE – Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE) (abstract, bio and slides)
- Andrew Stuchbery, ANU – Nuclear Research and Education at the Australian National University (abstract, bio and slides)
- Ron Cameron, Consultant – Levelling the playing field for nuclear – make or break? (abstract, bio and slides)
- Peta Ashworth, Uni Queensland – Gaining Social Licence for Nuclear – What it might take (abstract and bio)
- Robert Parker, ANA – Options for Nuclear Power Role-out in Australia (abstract, bio and slides)
Bright New World; a new environmental NGO – Presentation by Ben Heard on 26 July 2017
Financing nuclear power plants – a fundamental challenge – Presentation by Ron Cameron on 24 May 2017
Fast Neutron Reactors – Presentation by Mark Ho on 27 April 2017
South Australia – A Nuclear State in a Global Solution – Presentation by Rear Admiral the Honourable Kevin Scarce on 23 February 2017 to the Four Societies Meeting