Slides available for some presentations – see links below in this post.
UTS Aerial Function Centre, Level 7, UTS Building 10, 235 Jones Street, Ultimo, NSW.
9 am – 5 pm Friday 6 October 2017.
Theme: Nuclear Solutions for Australia
For slides presented at the ANA2017 Conference please click on the links in the list of presentations below.
ANA2017 is the twelfth conference in the series of biennial conferences hosted by the Australian Nuclear Association on Nuclear Science and Engineering in Australia.
Since the first conference in this series in 1995, these conferences have highlighted the achievements of nuclear science and engineering and their contribution to the well being of Australians. Presentations at the ANA2017 Conference will provide resent timely information on nuclear power around the world and important aspects of the peaceful uses of nuclear science and engineering in Australia. This is your opportunity to learn about nuclear developments in Australia and overseas, and participate in discussions with experts.
Nuclear Power Industry in South Korea and United Arab Emirates
Four speakers from South Korea provide updates on the successful Nuclear Power Industry in South Korea and the new Korean APR-1400 Reactors in South Korea and being built in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- South Korean Nuclear Industry – Overview
Insik Kim (KNA)
- Korean Nuclear Power Plants and Technology
Byung Jin Lee (KEPCO E&C)
- APR1400 Reactor Program in UAE
Young Hoon Kim (KHNP)
- Experience and Capability for Nuclear Equipment Manufacturing
Jae Hyung Jeon (Doosan Heavy Industries)
- Australia’s Participation in Gen IV International Forum (GIF)
Lyndon Edwards (ANSTO)
- United Kingdom Nuclear Industry Developments
Robert Godfrey (EDF)
- Developing a Uranium Project in Australia
Julian Tapp (Vimy Resources)
- ANSTO Nuclear Medicine: Reliable and Timely Supply of Mo-99 Globally
Jayne Senior (ANM)
- Carbon Ion Particle Therapy – from Accelerators to Medical Application
Dale Prokopovich (ANSTO)
- Women in Nuclear (WiN)
Joanne Lackenby (WiN)
- Australia Young Generation in Nuclear (AusYGN)
Julia Garside (AusYGN)
- Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE)
Michelle Durant (AINSE)
- Nuclear Research and Education at the Australian National University
Andrew Stuchbery (ANU)
- Levelling the playing field for nuclear – make or break?
Ron Cameron (Consultant)
- Gaining Social Licence for Nuclear – What it might take
Peta Ashworth (Uni Queensland)
- Options for Nuclear Power Role-out in Australia
Robert Parker (ANA)
All speakers are invited.
Posters are very welcome on topics relevant to the theme of the Conference; please advise on the registration form if you would like to display a poster.
EARLY BIRD EXTENDED TO 27 SEPTEMBER
Registration is $280 or $260 early bird for registration received before 27 September and $120 for students and retired ANA members.
AINSE travel support is available for students from AINSE universities who present a poster. Travel funds are limited so please apply early.
by Credit Card click this link
This link takes you to TryBooking.com to process payment. There is a $0.30 booking fee. Please close the TryBooking page after payment.
To pay by bank debit or cheque please email email@example.com